Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Olympia Cafe, Kalk Bay...

Unpretentious coffee society at it's best...! Passionate, choppy sea today crashing over the Kalk Bay harbour, which I'm watching, on the other side of the road, but from my small and cozy table.

Martin's relishing a ratatouille, mozzarella and basil omelette (R44) for breakfast; I'm devouring a 'chippos, scrambled egg, tomato & mushroom on toast' (R41) brekkie.

Before that I had the finest cappucino I've had in Cape Town... that, of course, is besides the excellent range of coffees on offer (by the barristas with the most attitude) at Giovanni's in Somerset Road, Green Point. Highly recommended.

It's a happy, happy Tuesday....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Argh! You're in Kalk Bay! That's my holiday playground.. and my aunt lives around the corner in Fish Hoek. Yes, I know the Olympia. Gee, I miss that place. Enjoy!