Monday, June 02, 2008

Pointsettias are flowering...

What I appreciate most about where I live, is that my backyard - the place where I play - now encompasses hundreds and hundreds of square kilometers.
 
One of my favourite, most peaceful and inspiring places in this backyard, is my friend - and artist - Harem's (www.harem.co.za) 'farm' in the very creative heart of the forest between Nelspruit and Kaapsehoop. 
 
He lives here with Ghandi, his great dane, and a stunning, sweeping 180 degree view of the Barbeton valley.
 
Right now, on his 'farm' and in stark contrast to the winter drabness, the pointsettias are flowering. They caused my jaw to drop at their unexpected, passionate beauty.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the reason for winter's drabness is so that nature can show off a few of her favourite flowers against a backdrop that isn't competition?

Anonymous said...

Ah! Lovely again! Yes, it's pointsettia season.. we have a huge one in our front garden and it's in full bloom, too. Harem's place is WOW! Now I know why you like his place so much. I love the cross.. literally and figuratively.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful mind reflects a beautiful heart.
Blessings from the forest.