Thursday, June 12, 2008

Morning person...

The dawn this morning at Cape Vacca was phenomenal. Despite the chill I was so glad I got myself outside just after 06h30, despite great resistance. I was lavishly rewarded an exclusive audience with the Creator.

As I've explained to a few people today, blogging this hike www.oystercatchertrail.co.za has mostly been an experiment, with me learning much. I regret not doing so consistently, however the hike was demanding, so were my various work commitments that I had to squeeze inbetween. (Oh yeah, I'm also a commited 8hrs-a-night person, which I've been seriously short on the last week or so.) I've also learnt where and when I can rely on technology or not; at the same time I've been pleasantly suprised by technology... that even in the most places there can be 3G or even 3.5G coverage.

Tonight I'm sitting next to a massive log fire at Botlierskop private game reserve www.botlierskop.co.za waiting to have dinner. I'm just out of a steaming hot bath (foamy with natural aromatherapy bath salts) in my luxury tent, which looks over the Little Brak river.

This magnificent camp is about 20km from Mossel Bay on the Little Brak turn off from the N2n to George. Heaven can wait... well, just a tad longer.

No comments: