Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Winter dusk of passion in Hout Bay...

Tonight I wouldn't want to be anywhere but on the southern tip of Africa... our continent is experiencing a creative, cultural and spiritual awakening.

Other than the graphic images of violence, poverty, malnutrition and sickness of Africa that's mostly portrayed in the media, there are countless stories of love, passion, integrity and compassion. I know this because I saw some of these this afternoon.

More than ever before I am proud to be an African. I commit myself to changing the world immediately around me step-by-step (in the smallest of ways if need be) through my words and pictures and a positive attitude.

And with love, compassion and tolerance for the human beings - whoever they may be - that cross my path every day. Just one day at a time... .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) The String Project looks very fimiliar! I've done a lot of that work here in Kimberley. Very uplifting because the kids play with such robust, raw passion! Now you indirectly know a bit more of me and what I do. :) Thanks for the post and the interest!