Thursday, May 03, 2012

Right now / King's Corner

I took that photo through the car window. While I was driving home from KZN yesterday. It was not far from Carolina, most definitely in Mpumalanga (next Tuesday I drive back the way I came, I'll be attending the 2012 Tourism Indaba in Durban, and also working on some stories while based, again, in Hibberdene).

I'm exactly in the middle. Halfway between my comfort zone and where the magic happens (I'm seeking constant change, fighting routine, but it's tough. I'm teaching my brain that change is good; I want to stretch myself, but hate it when unconscious).

It's all about love (coffee too) and changing the world to a better place, especially even if it's only by one smile at a time, and at strangers (we have, mostly, been brought up strangely, and isolated...especially in my country, extreme poverty among others, hardly raises an eyebrow. I seek to be filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control).

Sitting at 'my' usual window at Seattle Coffee in Millys (at King's Corner), I'm watching the sun set on the line of trees between me, the plate glass window and the N4 highway (while it might not look very inspiring, trust me that it is. My home is about 22km from here, against the mountain. I'm going through an alone period at the moment, one too of isolation and cabin fever. It's wonderful to be sitting here...almost exhilarating).

No comments: