Thursday, May 03, 2012

negative. roundabout

So he took another of me too, photographing southwards of the coastline.
Like a negative, it was opposite, and washed out of almost all colour. Just a heart tinge of the softest pastel pink, for hope; end of tunnel light.
And it was also wonderfully moody.

Today, and yesterday, have been mid-summer hot. But it's the beginning of May.
The hot sunshine against the winter foliage confuses and unsettles me: my head, my heart and my life references are all upside down.

What are the lessons to be learnt here? That's all it is, I'm in class and I'm needing to pass these tests before I can move on to the next level.

He wrote in the wonderfully battered 1977 edition of Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, that he gave me on 19 March: Our journey begins and it will be full if flight and fancy

No comments: