Monday, September 07, 2009

Path of ghosts

At dusk I walked up the path from campus to the 1820 Settlers Monument. It crests the prominent hill behind the town and university. Along the path the uniquely aromatic scent of the Eastern Cape vegetation, especially prominent at dusk, stirred memories and gave life and sustenance to ghosts on the stoney path that last had life 19 years ago.

My challenge is that I've not had the time to intellectually process emotions locked up so long in Mr Jones' landlocked locker... I believe it's time now.

It's the new media awards tonight, including dinner, which is probably the social highlight of Highway Africa.

Later, in terms of a circle I hope to see closed forever, I'll be meeting someone beneath the Drostyd Arch, historical - and romantic -entrance to the university. And then a beer at Rat.

No comments: