Sunday, September 06, 2009

Is it me Lord?

Right now I'm on a bus half way between Grahamstown and Port Elizabeth. It's an ugly afternoon with the colour bleached out of it, which pretty much matches my emotional state. We're on our way to visit the new 2010 soccer stadium in Port Elizabeth, where we will meet the 2010 managing committee's CEO, Danny Jordaan, also (as guests of MTN), celebrate the opening of the Highway Africa segment of the 4-day conference.

This morning I attended the 09h30 mass at the magnificent Grahamstown Cathedral, something I had never done whem I was here as a student. The mass, an Anglican one I believe, lasted close on two hours. The mass was mostly sung (3 choirs!) and what added incredible emphasis was that the cathedral was filled to overflowing with all the pupils of St. Andrews private boys school. They only attend mass once a term, and their singing was enough to prickle my flesh.

No comments: