Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Road trip

The Wimpy, Carolina: At last I'm on the road, what a pressured few weeks! I'm so relaxed and relieved to be in 'road trip' mode that I'm enjoying my maximum of 100km/h - just askance of the setting autumn sun - and the CD player belting out my fave trip tunes!

It's a moody afternoon, I couldn't have wished for better. There's a coldfront coming from the south, even though it's still early to suffer the worst extremes of the storms heading north from Antarctica...they tend to peter out this early in the year, but huh, just wait for the middle of winter!

Tomorrow this time I should be in Hibberdene on the KwaZulu-Natal south coast basking in the Indian Ocean and a subtropical clime. Can't wait. But I've a lot of work to do on the book (a great opportunity to type up my notes etc.)... this is not going to be a holiday in the traditional sense. Nevertheless I'm ecstatic.

I mustn't forget to record ocean sounds for Reinhardt (for him to listen to while next to his pool in Pretoria) and to get him an oh-so-traditional 2 ltr Fanta bottle full of seawater. Ha-ha!

Tonight I'm looking forward to being in the company of Engela, Wynand and Serra. I believe we're having home-made traditional vegetable soup for supper....

No comments: