Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nelspruit Botanical Gardens

Right in front of me is the awe-inspiring confluence of the Crocodile river (on the left, flowing all the way from Dullstroom where it rises, through the Kwena Dam - between Waterval Boven and Mashishing, old Lydenburg) and the Nels River, straight ahead, originating near Sabie and named over 100 years ago after the three Nels brothers. The Crocodile river then flows along the southern border of the Kruger National Park, through Mozambique and into the Indian Ocean.

I'm all alone here this afternoon, mine's the only car in the parking lot... I needed to come here to be restored and centred. This botanical garden is magnificent, the grass cool and soothing beneath my feet despite the perspiration on my forehead and my clammy chest and armpits.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: