Saturday, January 22, 2011

What happened?

"When I was a kid, I dreamed such great dreams. Often, I visualized myself as sports hero or as a business tycoon. I really believed that I could do, have and be whatever I wanted. I also remember the way I used to feel as a young boy growing up on the sun-splashed West Coast. Fun came in the way of simple pleasures. Fun was spending a glorious afternoon skinny-dipping or riding through he woods on my bicycle. I had such a curiosity for life. I was an adventurer. There was no limits on what my future could bring. I haven't felt that kind of freedom for fifteen years. what happened?" - p.49 The monk who sold his Ferrari
This passage sums up how I've been feeling after a particularly stressful and challenging eighteen months of my life. Not pretty. And now I'm fighting my way back from the edge of madness, that's called normality.
I didn't expect to find myself reading this book, but I'm glad that I am.

No comments: