Sunday, January 09, 2011

Crisp green & seedless grapes

I've not been home long, nevertheless it's good to be out of the house, out of the town, and on a road trip of sorts.
Just over the escarpment and down the Long Tom Pass we stopped and while gulping in the view, fresh mountain air and crisp green and seedless grapes. That lifted my spirit somewhat.
Now we're sitting at Harrie's Pancakes in Graskop sharing scrumptious carrot cake and chugging on a stainless steel coffee plunger for two. This has also lifted my spirit somewhat.
A peek through God's Window and to the east would have been good for some spiritual perspective, but I know not to waste my time in this low cloud and drizzle. The persistent curio sellers would undoubtedly peck away at whatever gains I'd made in trying to raise my spirit from the floor.
It's a moody Sunday afternoon at the very beginning new year; grey all-round.
Worst of all the camera on my phone has been broken since November last year, so no images as company to these postings.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: