Sunday, February 08, 2009

Balmy Sunday afternoon

Black Eagle Pub & Restaurant: No better way to spend a hot summer's afternoon than with shorts and t-shirts in the baking sun across the table from friends with a glass of chilled wine in my hand, a view over the mountains that hedge the Elands Valley, not 20km eastwards down the N4 from Waterval-Boven. This is the Lowveld after all, and the temperature here always confirms this. That's why it was a pleasure to walk down to the river - the Schoemanspruit runs down the mountain behind Black Eagle and into the Elands River - to dip my sun browned toes into the cool, not icy, water. Even though I could, ironically, yesterday evening and early this morning, sense the impending winter. Bring it on I say!
Life could not be better and I wouldn't want to be living anywhere else... except, perhaps, the Karoo.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: