Saturday, January 11, 2014

Home.

I left home, Cape Town, on 14 December and have, since, travelled a few thousand kilometres, including a visit to my house in Waterval Boven.

This morning, at 6h00, I got into the hire car in Johannesburg and left the city for home. I drove into a bustling and windy Friday night Cape Town at 23h30 after a journey of 1467 kilometres - it's very good to be home.

After the head-on collision I was involved in I am jittery on the road, but grateful to be alive.

I'm also grateful that my month's holiday and travels are over: it's wonderful to be typing in my bed in the dark, listening to the wind against the roof and breathing in familiar smells.

The first photo I took in Fort Beaufort in the Karoo, while the second one was taken during a halt at a stop-and-go 60 km further along the N1, towards Touwsriver.

Good, good night.

No comments: