Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Long day

It's been a long day. But I was able to love and spend time with an old man whose spirit has not been broken by life, nor by the many people who have walked over him. A man without bitterness, still filled with forgiveness and in love with his God. I was able to love a young cat left alone, whose name I don't know, but was crying out for love and companionship. I knew that a friend of mine, who this last year has taken a few knocks, was able to walk filled with gratefulness and compassion to her 'new' job just before four o'clock, and living in a large, friendly house and strange town because of an almost stranger's grace and love.

As I said it's been a long day. I've driven to the petit satellite Seattle coffee shop about 17km from me for a cafè mocha and the front seat at the sunset. At my feet, just through the plate glass of the shop, a common sparrow, commonly known here as a mossie, is scrambling for crumbs.. its the most humble bird of them all. And my favourite.

I'm lingering here because, like the cat I suppose, it's good to be rubbing up against people. There's also something erotic about these anonymous stop over places on the edge of the highway, not unlike a border post.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: