Friday, January 09, 2009

Die Groen Koei

Bethal: It's a beautiful summer's afternoon (a Friday to boot) that's still very much pervaded with a 'summer holidays' atmosphere. I'm on the way to Volksrust for the weekend and because I was pertly reminded that it's the journey that counts, not the destination (despite the cliche), I'm now enjoying lunch at The Green Cow, which is on a busy corner in this bustling town.
The bird's are chirping, the trucks are pumping out diesel fumes and the weekend's beckoning... I couldn't be happier.

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Dominique Krause said...

Volksrust is a real GEM! As are so many places in the vicinity. One of my favourites: Memel. Vrede has many, many wonderful people - our best spot there is a rustic wooden cabin on the Vrede dam. We spend our weekends there fishing in the reeds, taking paddle skis into the reeds and quietly listening to the birds...enjoying drinks at sunset....aaahhh the rolling hills of Vrede!!!

Beautiful Mind said...

Thanks for your comment! And you're spot on: Volksrust and environs are real gems and are worth exploring: Chrissiesmeer, Wakkerstroom etc. I don't know memel and Vrede, but now you've inspired me to make a plan. A wooden cabin on the Vrede dam... I'm there already.