Sunday, March 22, 2020

Just OK





























One day at a time.

I've so much time on my hands, suddenly.

Unable to focus though; as much as my mind spins around in circles so do I physically circle my apartment (living room to the kitchen to bathroom to bedroom and back), as well as scrolling through social media and the news sites, and reading the books I was so contentedly ploughing through just over a week ago. That was last week and in another world.

Now they, the books and most other things, too, seem unreal, and out of place. And, like many things before now, quite simply irrelevant.

Unable to focus and while I see, at least if I squint my eyes, that this time as a gift so as to get things, I can't get my sorry ass and mind to seat themselves at my writing 

Got to walk for an hour on Kommetjie beach at sunset yesterday, to again breathe in deeply the ocean and fresh air, the exhilaration of the southern hemisphere ozone.

To, also, pretend that everything was just ok.

Tonight it's chilly, wintry and the South-Easter is raging, not unlike when everything was just ok.

No comments: