Thursday, July 08, 2010

Port St John, Transkei

Charles King's location@2:52pm,7/8
167 Beach Rd, Port St Johns 5120, Port St Johns
http://m.google.co.uk/u/m/dDNsPH

Having lunch at Jesters Coffee Shop, a creamy beef and mushroom home-made pie.
I left Grahamstown at 07h22 this morning and I'm headed for Durban.
My guess is that I've done about 3 500km since leaving home last Tuesday evening.
I'm not yet sure how to capture the old world atmosphere of this wonderfully moth bitten, crumpled velvet atmospheric town. I'd love to stop here for a while...everything else had.
Port St John is extraordinary. I'd clean forgotten the Transkei's beguiling charm.
There's a chill, just bearable from within a t-shirt, on the breeze through the thick, overgrown trees and abundant shrubbery.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Mbizana Local Municipality is a local municipality in OR Tambo District in the Wild Coast Region of the Eastern Cape in South Africa. Its name means "little casserole" or "sauce pan" in isiXhosa.
The seat of the municipality is Bizana, the 38th largest city in South Africa, with a population of 279,739. It is situated along the R61 regional road.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: