Friday, May 29, 2009

The Zone

Jozi: This was taken at lunchtime in Rosebank on a Friday afternoon at month's end, and at that moment I didn't want to be anywhere else...especially as my lunch hadn't yet arrived.
I've a weekend ahead of me full of family, birthdays and friends. The whole of Monday I'm spending, work-related, at the famous (of Rivonia Trial fame that is) Lilliesleaf in Rivonia. The week thereafter I'm off to Cape Town for the book fair...and to get another perspective on everything. And I mean everything.
Right now though I'm reeling and grappling at the Seattle in Clearwater. There's a helluva lot of people here, more than I've seen in months. All of this while an icy cold front heads this way. It should hit Johannebsurg by tomorrow afternoon with the temperature expected to drop below zero - for a change. I'm enjoying the drama...I think.

No comments: