Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ride 'em cowboy..

I've been in Belfast, the so-called tulip capital of the land (I'm yet to see one!), for most of the morning; of course it included a substantial breakfast at the ancient, atmospheric Belfast Hotel. Now, on my way back to Waterval Boven, I've stopped for my caffeine fix at the only Seattle right on the N4.

I'm salivating about an almost confirmed road trip this coming long weekend to Groot Marico with Louis. In my mind's eye I'm envisaging great bushveld sunsets, higher temperatures than here, mampoer, red wine and Herman Charles Bosman.

I was last in that area in 1983 - on a week-long trip to the Martha Glathaar (spelling? And watch how you pronounce that!) veld school. Although I was imediately SOLD I've not been back since. Now's my chance.

On a separate note, I promised myself that I'd step out of my comfort zone going forward from this year (it was a prayer answered for fire in my spirit), so I've decided I'm going to learn how to horse ride. Woop, woop, woop...so ride 'em cowboy! Ha-ha!

No comments: